(TRAGIC STORY)... This Couple's Newborn Died Suddenly… from a Kiss?

A couple in Iowa are speaking out after losing their newborn baby to a disease that was likely given to her by a kiss.

The parents explained that less than a week after the baby was born, they got married. Just two hours after that, they noticed that something was wrong.

The baby had stopped eating and wasn’t waking up when they were trying to get her to respond.

Turns out, the baby had contracted Meningitis HSV-1 (herpes simplex virus 1 or a “cold sore”).

Within two hours she had quit breathing and all of her organs just started to fail before she passed away.

Both parents tested negative for HSV-1 so doctors believe think the infant may have gotten the virus from a kiss, or from someone touching her hand and then the baby put the hand in her mouth.

The couple said “It’s important people are cautious when they let anyone handle their babies. Don’t let just anyone come visit them. Make sure they are constantly washing their hands. Don’t let people kiss your baby and make sure they ask before they pick up your baby.” LINK TO STORY

Print this article Back to Top