Boy called 'Little Hitler' for using hot chocolate stand to raise money for border wall, parents say
- While most kids might operate a lemonade stand to earn money for candy, video games, or even to help a friend in need, Benton Stevens had something else in mind.
- After watching the State of the Union address on TV earlier this month, the 7-year-old from Texas wanted to raise money so the government could pay for the wall at the southern border.
- Begging his parents to let him open a hot chocolate stand at a nearby strip mall, Stevens brought in $231 on Saturday, plus a whole bunch of anger.
- Those who took issue with Steven's effort, posted pictures of him to Facebook condemning the boy. According to his mother Jennifer, "He was called a little Hitler," while another allegedly "said that we didn't like brown people".
- Even if you disagree with the politics, is verbally attacking a child going too far? What would be a more effective way of expressing your position?